Sunday 29 June 2008

Poodle puppies


Dollar my stunning silver standard poodle has had her 1st litter. I thought I had it all planned as I had to go into hospital for an operation on 27.06.08 and she was due to whelp on 01.07.08 but of course she had other ideas and sure enough on the morning I was due to go in her temp dropped, she refused her breakfast and started panting. I obviously didn't want to leave her but having waited several years for my surgery could not afford to cancel so my husband Graham was left to supervise. His daughter and her new boyfriend were also staying for the weekend and between them they coped brilliantly and 7 healthy puppies were delivered in just 4 hours- well done to all!

Dollar is proving to be a very natural mum, she has 3 boys and 4 girls. They have some of the best silver breeding behind them so I have high hopes for some very special babies. As with all silvers they are black at birth but should start to show silver when they have their first face feet and tail clip at about 5/6 weeks.

No comments: