Wednesday 22 December 2010

Happy Christmas Everyone

Firstly I would like to thank all those people who have my puppies and kittens that have stayed in contact over the past years/months, I very much appreciate the effort of all the updates and photos, I am now trying to add them to my pups/kittens progress pages as I receive them. Several owners also have flickr.com accounts now which I think is a fantastic way of showing off your baby and getting to know how others are coming on.

Frankie has made a full recovery now, thanks to all who enquired after her. Hopefully she will be going to a very special new home in the new year where she will get far more 1 to 1 attention than I can give her. She really has proved herself to be a wonderful little dog and to say I will be upset when she goes (feeling a bit tearful even as I type this) is an understatement, but I truly believe this is in her best interest.

After being snowbound for several days and only able to walk in the small local woods me and the girls were starting to get a bad case of cabil fever so as the snow has all but gone at home I loaded the girls up and we headed off to Haldon Forest for our usual walk. I knew there had been a lot of snow there as the news reports showed the A38 and A380 closed due to the weather, but that was a few days ago so I thought we would go and have a look. The main roads were fine but as soon as we turned off I was driving on several inches of compacted snow, but the gate was only 150 yards away so I continued. Got to the gate and promptly got stuck! Seeing as I was already there I decided to go for our walk anyway, which was lovely, unfortunately I didn't have my camera so just managed a quick bit of poor phone video. Got back to the van andd realised I wasn't going anywhere, despite digging the wheels out, so at that point I had to call Graham out of his sick bed (been in bed all week with flu) to come and be my knight in shining armour. It took him half an hour to get me off the ice and I now owe him big time :-). I have had to promise that I won't try again until the snpow has melted.

I would like to wish everyone a very happy christmas, hope those who have young pups and kittens have got their trees well protected!!

Below is a festive picture of Murphy, one of Miss G's kittens from this year. Thanks to his owner, Lisa, for the photo.

Will hopefully be announcing that we have pups on the way in the new year, have a good one.

1 comment:

mary e. said...

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2011 to all at Itzapromise-lol from Rafiki + her family in Cornwall xxx