Monday 6 June 2011

A Strange Tail

All the babies are growing rapidly. Dillis pups are just about starting to get up on their legs and toddle about now, this is when the serious time wasting starts! Dilli is not wanting to spend as much time with them anymore but is still fiercely protective of them. I am still undecided about their colour, I think it is likely they will be blues although one of them has a very small but definite area of tan near both eyes so I am interested to see how this develops. At the moment all these boys are still available.

Miss Tibbs kittens are gorgeous (ok they are not the pretty chocolate box type kittens, but I think they are wonderful). The chocolate girl or one of the blue boys has a possible home. The little black and white girl has lost the last 3/4" of her tail. I have no idea what happened to it other than one morning I came down to find the end had withered up and dried, a bit like a lambs tail goes when it has had a band put on it, 24hrs later the end dropped off leaving a clean dry stump. At no time did I notice an injury to the tail and the kitten has remained fit, well and has been feeding as vigorously as her littermates.




I am expecting Audrey to come into season very soon, so hopefully we shall have some standard pups towards the end of the summer.

8 comments:

Hooch n Troops said...

Dilli's pups r lovely..i would love one but just dont know if its the right time, financially and planning wise. Knowing my luck when u have another litter there wont b any boys! lol

SW said...

Hi Jane!

Ah...would so love one of Dilli's pups ...but am holding out for a standard. Mary suggested I have one of Dilli's as well as a standard ... but suggestion not well received by my husband!!

Fingers crossed for Audrey!

Thanks again for the films and photos of your babies...am so enjoying watching them!

Sarah
x

Jane Rowden said...

You both know you want to :-)) They are little cuties!

Hooch n Troops said...

stop it...u know it doesnt take much to tempt me! lol...do u know the height of the dad?

Jane Rowden said...

He's about 10" and if it helps financialy, I am looking for one of these boys to go on breeding terms :-)

Hooch n Troops said...

mmm sounding good...what r breeding terms? how does this affect the cost etc...

:)

Jane Rowden said...

Might be best if you drop me an email or give me a ring, basically it means you have the puppy for a significantly reduced rate on the proviso that I can use him on a couple of my girls (amount of matings and length of time I have access to him would be negotiated)

Hooch n Troops said...

Hi Jane...ive sent u a friends request on FB...my main concern would b i know how randy my toy poodle was when he matured and i would b worried that like my little one would he cross roads to try and get to any dog! so i suppose that would depend on how many times u wanted to use him and for how long as i would eventually want to get him done...:)