Saturday 4 February 2012

Audreys Secret

Due to Spirit and Audrey having the same dad, who must carry the phantom gene, I have had Audrey colour tested. Sure enough she carries the phantom gene, which means that, statistically speaking, half of her pups will also carry the gene. I now have to try and find a black/tan or double red phantom, which will likely mean a trip abroad for the pair of us. If I were to put her to such a dog I will still get reds/apricots but in theory I should also get a couple of phantoms. All this is at least 18 months away but need to make some decisions and would be interested to know if anyone had any particular views on this idea. 












I do not intend giving up on the solid apricots as I love them and I consider my girls to be very nice examples of the breed/colour. One of Audreys pups will be coming back to have a litter sometime in the next few years, and she will definitely be going to a red or apricot.

No comments: