Sunday 12 August 2012

Fingers Crossed

Alfie and Dorothy have just mated :-). Although colourwise Alfie isn't my first choice I felt that he was probably my best option for this mating, those that have followed my blog in the past will remember that Dorothy was mated several months ago but unfortunately there were no puppies. I don't know why, neither of them had been bred from previously, and it's a real shame because the dog I used should have given some parti puppies when bred with Dorothy, so hence my decision to use Alfie, as he is proven (several times over :-)  ). He is also a very well bred little man, with really good conformation and his pups tend to be small, which will be good as Dorothy is right on the height limit for a toy. The colours are most likely to be black and there may well be some with white toes/chests. On top of hopefully making 1st class pets they should also carry the parti gene, so making them potentially of interest to those wishing to breed toy partis.


My apologies if the above has spelling, grammar mistakes as it is very difficult to type with two manic kittens using you as a springboard/climbing frame and using the keyboard as a bed!

2 comments:

SW said...

Oh...fingers crossed for you, Jane, that all goes well this time. Can't wait to have some more pups to watch on webcam ...and dream of my next one :-)

Jane Rowden said...

I am so ready for puppies now :-)