Saturday 10 August 2013

Best laid plans.....

I write this feeling totally exhausted (but very optimistic) as the last 2 days have seen me cover over 1100 miles and on both days I have left my home at 8 am and not returned before 1am!

Unfortunately the dog I had hoped to use on Dollar wasn't available at the time I needed him so I had to make a last minute decision and try the original dog that I had planned to use, a hip scored blue boy. I am very fortunate to have a really good friend who took her to be mated (saved me another few hundred miles and several hours in the car) as I was dealing with Spirit and Matti. Harry was extremely pleased to see Dollar and they mated and tied almost straight away :-)

Spirit has been mated to Matti, the German boy that fathered Audrey's last litter. Once again thing didn't go quite according to plan, but after a few obstacles were overcome we had success and, as with Dollar, it i now a matter of wait and see (the hardest bit for me).

Will update on kittens once I have had a bit of sleep.

No comments: