Saturday 9 March 2019

One week on

Almost exactly a week ago Whoopi was at the vets, unconscious, rigid and bleeding from the nose with a broken neck, today she has regained use of her legs, can wee and poo normally, wags her tail and is responsive to her name. Last week I was asking the vet if we should euthanise her, today I am so thankful he said no. She still has nerve damage causing her head to turn to the right, which in turn means she mainly walks in circles, but the expectation is that this too will gradually improve greatly with time, yesterday she was walking tight circles, today she is managing a few almost straight steps. I cannot believe the dramatic improvement in this puppy, she truly is a fighter, and without wanting this to sound like an Oscar's speech I have so many people to thank, it goes without saying that my veterinary practice tops this list but I really would like to thank each and every person that has left positive words on her posts, those that have pm'd or phoned me to offer support and those that have visited us to offer help and support. I would also like to say things to those who have gossiped to others about my decision to not have her pts and questioned my ethics yet haven't had any direct contact with me to know what I based my decision on, but I won't. We are now looking forward to, and working on, Whoopi getting back to leading a normal life.

No comments: