Monday 4 May 2009

Bettys pups, Audrey and Basil

Betty's pups are starting to come out and about now, as I mentioned in my previous post, they are so well fed they don't actually move around much yet and have absolutely no intention of trying solid food yet. However Betty is at last starting to leave them occasionally so I'm sure they will be keen to eat once they start to get the odd hunger pang! One of the photos shows the female pup alongside a Devon Rex kitten (a small breed of cat) that is a week younger than the pups, as you can see the kitten is bigger than the pup.



I wasn't going to keep one of Rhondas pups. The plan was to wait a couple of years until she had her 3rd and final litter and keep one of them. As they say "best laid plans" All the bitches were spoken for quite early on, I had put one aside for a friend, but due to circumstances beyond her control, at 8 weeks she was unable to collect the pup but asked if I could hang on to her for another couple of weeks. No problem I thought, but of course the longer I kept her the more I had to do with her ie lead training, going out in the car, walking on a lead etc and the more I fell for her.

I kept putting off contacting my friend and eventually Graham phoned her to find out was happening, I have to say I was very relieved to hear that she was still not in a position to have her as obviously I would have kept my word had she been able to take her. So it now means that Audrey takes us back up to 9 dogs and I have given my word not to add any more for a few years- Itzapromise!
I have added the photo of Basil quite simply because I love it. I think he would not look out of place as a witches/wizards cat, he is such a lovely boy


























No comments: