Wednesday 27 October 2010

Lilly and Libby pairs

This is a clip of Lilly and Libby competing in a pairs competition. Pairs can be quite a high pressure event because if you make a mistake but your partner does a good round you have spoilt it for both of you. Fortunately Rosie and I have been best friends for many years and any mistakes were just a reason for a bit of light hearted name calling, on this occassion it was me and Lilly that got it wrong.
Although they were both std poodles, their attitude to agility was quite different.Llibby was a very good dog but much harder to motivate than Lilly, Rosie really had to work to get the best from Libby (which she did). I was so lucky with Lilly, all she wanted to do was please me and would give her all every time. This certainly didn't make her a perfect agility dog but it did make my life easy, she always put a smile on my face and now watching this she puts both a smile on my face and a tear in my eye :-)
Libby is Audreys auntie. She was one of the best natured dogs I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and it was her that made me want an apricot poodle. Lilly and Libby were born 3 weeks apart and both lived to see their 15th birthdays.

No comments: