Monday 4 June 2012

First Babies at Itzapromise in 2012 are.......

Chicks! I had two of my chickens go broody, I don't own a boy so I gave them some duck eggs to hatch (I have a drake to go with my ducks) but unfortunately, although they started to hatch, none managed to get out of the egg. I then bought some orpington eggs from a 'well known auction site' and put 3 eggs under each girl and yesterday each hen had 2 eggs hatch, so I now have 2 very happy mummies.

It has been a much quieter year here, with regard to pups and kittens, and whilst I do miss the babies and find myself getting increasingly broody, it has given me a chance to do much more with the girls. Audrey and Spirit are coming on very nicely with their agility training, I am now starting to feel that we may be able to think about doing some shows in the next year or so :-) Dime has started a clicker trick training class, after just two weeks she now reliably touches a target stick and will give a paw.
Sioux is too young for a formal training class, but we have introduced him to the clicker and within a few days he has learned sit, down and give a paw, he also waits outside the kitchen while I get his dinner ready and is starting to understand that he has to do a sit/wait for his meal. I really feel that I am renewing bonds with all my girls which is fantastic. I hope to get some agility pictures in the next few weeks.

We are at last expecting some kittens, not Sybil who still refuses to co operate!. More details and pictures will follow once they have arrived, hopefully in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

mary e. said...

Sounds like you're having fun with the training etc.
You trained Frankie so well she still always stands outside the kitchen door, peeping round the corner, when food is being prepared til I put her bowl down and call her in.
Princess Fiki, of course, reclines on the sofa until the dinner gong sounds!