Thursday 25 July 2013

Puppies

It's starting to get lively round here, the girls have started to come into season :-) Yesterday it was Dime, today it is Dollar and no doubt Audrey and Spirit won't be far behind. I had hoped to repeat the mating that Dollar failed to conceive to last time, but as that particular dog has not sired any pup since our visit, I am not hopeful that we would be successful, therefore I have decided to try another boy.
Those of you who have followed my blog for a while will know how hard I have found it to find an unrelated health tested dog that will complement Dollar, in fact none of her previous mates have been health tested, and unfortunately that is the case again. The dog I hope to use is a lovely looking boy, 8 years old, sound, and with a pedigree that links to Dollars Vulcan pedigree without being too close (something I am pleased about as Vulcan are no longer breeding Std Poodles), but not health tested :-(.
He is a cream coloured dog, but is genetically a blue or silver. If he is genetically blue, Dollar will produce a mix of silver and blue pups, if he is genetically silver, all the pups will be silver. She should not produce any cream pups.
Dollar and Dime

Spirit will be mated to the same sire as Audrey's last litter, Matti (Big Cheyenne's Amattus)from Germany. I was really pleased with Audrey's last litter, and as Matti is sired by a black and red phantom, he is a really exciting prospect for Spirit. This mating should statistically give me 50% reds/apricots, 25% blacks and 25% phantoms, of course these are statistics and the figures really only apply over the course of several litters, so I am hoping that she will give me all the phantoms in this 1st mating :-) (though of course she may give me all blacks!)


No comments: