Monday 16 March 2015

We have puppies :-)

Spirit has just proved herself to be the most laid back mother I have ever seen. She showed very slight signs that she was in labour yesterday, occasionally doing a little panting and finding a cuddly toy to nurse, she ate all 3 of her meals with gusto and to be honest her signs were so mild I almost wondered about going to bed and checking her in the small hours.

I am glad I didn't do that as at 2:45am, with no nesting or panting, she popped out a little black puppy, the next 3 followed in the space of 30mins and she then went on to have a further 4 pups in the next 3 1/2 hrs. The only sad part is that she did have a 9th pup, but it didn't look quite right and was really tiny, it was stillborn and I made the decision not to try and revive it.




It looks like we have 2 phantom boys, 1 phantom girl, 1 black girl with tan markings under her tail, 3 black boys and a pale apricot/cream girl. Mum and pups are all doing well.


No comments: