Thursday 20 August 2015

Missing my camera :-(

I think I am having withdrawal symptoms for my camera, it has been at the repairers for over 2 weeks now as we had to clarify warranty issues - don't trust Amazon Marketplace and be aware that UK Stock is very different to UK model! As you may now be guessing my camera was not covered by the warranty and I am having to foot a fairly hefty bill to get it sorted, but I am desperate to have it back in time for our reunion, in just over 2 weeks time :-)

I have had a pretty good response to the reunion so please, everyone keep your fingers crossed that it stays dry for us. All with Itzapromise pups are welcome, as are other 4 legged members of their families and of course it is an ideal opportunity for anyone contemplating an Itzapromise dog in the future to come and meet lots of them and chat to their owners.

For the 1st time in many months we have no puppies or kittens, and much as I had been looking forward to the break I find myself enjoying making plans for our future litters. Because the colours I breed have quite a limited gene pool in this country, research of pedigrees is essential, both to make sure there are as few health issues as possible in the lines but also to try and use a mixture of show quality dogs and those with less common pedigrees. Our next litter will be with Audrey, this is to be her last litter. She is due in season next month, which is 8/9 months since her last season, all being well she will be visiting an American apricot boy, he is not a show dog but has the most wonderful temperament and is a very fit and healthy lad with what appears to be, a very clean pedigree with regard to health issues, this will give us puppies with an unusual pedigree and hopefully will be of benefit to the apricot gene pool, my plan is to keep a pup from this litter, and yes, Graham knows, lol.

My new kitten arrives on the 1st of Sept, he is coming all the way from Yorkshire, fingers crossed he has a smooth journey down and that my blinking camera is back!

No comments: