Thursday 7 July 2016

3 weeks old today

As the title suggests, pups are 3 weeks old today. They will shortly have their first introduction to meat, which marks the start of the transition of Dime doing everything for them to me doing everything as once they start on solids she will stop cleaning up after them and gradually she will spend less and less time with them.
The pups are starting to interact with me now, approaching with wagging tails and play growling as I play with them, though at the moment they still only have about 10 minutes of play followed by several hours sleep. I absolutely love this stage. Won't be long before they will want to start to explore further than their pen, this is when the fun really starts, I am really hoping for a run of dry weather so that we can get them outside in a couple of weeks.

No comments: