Friday 6 July 2018

Meeting new dogs and discovering water

It is so hot that I am finding it really hard to put time in walking the pups after the big dogs have been walked (especially as Bernard is due to kitten any minute so I have keep a fairly constant eye on her) so this morning we made a compromise and the pups both came with us for a short walk. It was a very positive experience for them, they met some puppy friendly dogs and got their paws wet. All their earlier trips out this week have been either just the pups or each pup on her own, they are also getting individual training sessions. Two pups is really hard! They have also been going out and about in the van and are becoming seasoned travellers, we had a 3 hour round trip on Weds and they slept the whole way.










Pollys kittens are quite simply gorgeous little chunks. All 3 are currently available.





Bernard is fit to burst, her kittens should be here in the next day or two. I don't think she was impressed that I took her picture when she is hot and fat!


Finally, we have some feathered new arrivals. One of my girls had gone broody a couple of months ago, despite me repeatedly taking her off her nest (they will starve themselves if left to sit with no eggs to hatch) she remained resolute that she was going to have chicks. Fortunately a friend was able to supply me with 4 fertile eggs, so my chicken is now a happy girl with a family :)


No comments: