Friday 17 December 2021

Pupdate

 I'll start by saying that both mums and all the pups are coming along beautifully. We had a bit of a shuffle about last week as although Whoopi is a brilliant mum (one of the most devoted and natural mums I've had) she was struggling to produce enough milk for the whole brood, so when her pups were about 3 days old I popped the two smallest in with Florin. It worked like a dream,  Florin was more than happy to have the extras and Whoopi didn't show any sign of being upset at losing them. Almost immediately all of Whoopi's pups filled out and started to have proper growth surges, so I think it really was the right thing to do.

There remains a significant size difference between Florins pups and her fosters, despite there being just 3 days age difference, but I suspect that they will be similar sizes by the time they are 5/6 weeks old. 

I am pleased to say that all the pups have got fabulous homes waiting for them and can only apologise to those who were disappointed this time. 

These are a few pictures from the last week. 















2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm trying to work out what colour that little brown puppy is? Brown and tan? (Would you call it brown phantom?). What a lovely bundle of babies!

Jane Rowden said...

He's a sable