Friday 27 February 2009

Thriving



















Rhonda and her pups are continueing to do well. We do have a couple of pups that are quite a bit smaller than the rest so I decided that perhaps I should "top them up a bit", something I generally try to avoid as whereever possible I like Mother nature to be in control. Anyway the pups had very definate ideas about where their milk should come from and it certainly wasn't from a bottle! So we now have a routine where the 6 biggest pups go in a cat basket in full view of mum whilst the smaller pups have 4 hours in the evening where they have the milk bar all to themselves, this seems to be working well as although these pups are still smaller they are in no way thinner and are just as fiesty as their biggger siblings.






I also invested in a new upvc whelping box as after 15 years of service, the wooden box that my late husband built for me was looking a bit sorry for itself. Having moved mum and pups into their new home I am not sure that I like the plastic box as much, although it has obvious advatages with regard to hygene it just doesn't have the warmth and cosyness that wood offers. So have spoken to a chippy today to get a quote to go back to wood!

No comments: