Tuesday 30 June 2009

Kittens






My devon rex kitten has suddenly become the most affectionate demanding boy, at about 6 weeks old I had to go away for a few days and this unfortunatly meant that he had to go into a pen in the garden (with his mum) and therefore missed out on all the usual handling and noise etc that he had become used to prior to this. Once back indoors he was a bit of a scardy cat and didn't want to be handled. Obviously this was quite upsetting as my babies are normaly so people orientated. I took a step back from him to allow him to find his feet, didn't try to pick him up and avoided situations where he felt trapped.
I am pleased to say that this approach has definatly worked as he is now what I would call a typical devon kitten - totally in your face. If you sit down he's on your lap, if you get a toy out he turns into a tiger and god help you if you try to eat something and don't share it!
He came to work with me last Saturday for his 1st vaccination and health check but unfortunatly the vet couldn't listen to his heart and lungs because he refused to stop purring.
He is still looking for the right home, I have had numerous enquiries wanting to know if he can be registered on the active list and the answer is no, he will make the most affectionate pet (poss show cat) and he would be miserable shut out in a cattery.
I also have a delightful ginger and white male moggy kitten looking for a home for a nominal price.

1 comment:

Thorsten said...

Cute! Sorely tempted, but one snuggle monster at a time is probably all we can cope with. :-)