Sunday 30 January 2011

Home just in time

Back home again, Emily is making good progress and we are hopeful that the antibiotics she has been sent home with will do their job and knock this infection on the head.

Bellas pups seem to have doubled in size in the 48 hours I was away and have now opened their eyes. They are also starting to try and get up on their legs so it won't be long before they start getting a bit more interesting :-). As you can see, they are feeding very well.




Betty has just had her pup, a beautiful black little girl, so glad she waited until we got home. Whilst I am delighted that she has produced a healthy pup with no problems, it has put me in a bit of a quandary. I have been waiting for a female Betty pup for a couple of years now (she is from a line of poodles that, as far as I am aware, is no longer active) but I have also got a very interested prospective owner and I hate to let people down, especially as they have also been waiting a long time for their pup. In some ways I wish she had produced a boy as I wouldn't have a decision to make. So at the moment I think it will be a waiting game, I have a fixed idea of what I am looking for in my next pup and it is quite possible that she may not be right for me but still make a fantastic pet.
I would love to have this pup on web cam as well as Bellas but a) I only have 1 web cam and b) Both Betty and the pup are black, and Betty curls around her pup for the first couple of weeks so all you would see on the cam is a black blob!. Once it is up and about I will split the coverage between both sets of pups.

1 comment:

Hooch n Troops said...

ooo soo many puppies...they r looking really cute :)

Hope your daughter gets better soon

:) x