Friday 12 October 2012

Huge fat Sybil produces 2 tiny kittens!

At long last Sybil has had kittens. She was hugely fat and I was expecting her to have 4 or 5 kittens, her timing was not good, we were due to have a few long awaited days away and she had managed to hold off conceiving until her due date fell in the period we were away. Fortunately a friend stepped in for me, and offered to be midwife :-). Sybil is very experienced in these matters and needed no assistance, she actually had 3 babies, but sadly one was stillborn.
She has surprised me with the colours, normally she has various shades of ginger or torti kittens, this time she has produced a blue cream and white girl (she has only ever had one of this colour out of all her litters) but the main surprise is that her little boy is a silver tabby and white, a colour combination that she has never had.

Mum is her normal relaxed self and the kittens are well fed and content.I will be waiting a few weeks before I decide if either of these kittens are available.

The other surprise I have had is Diva, my sphynx. I was hoping to put her to Gary this autumn as a repeat mating to the litter she produced last year, Gary is currently performing stud duties elsewhere and is due to return in the next month or so. Diva is very much an indoor cat, so I was confused when she started to exhibit signs of pregnancy. I can only assume that Manuel has got to her, as he was brought indoors to mate Sybil (as she won't conceive in a cattery!), I can't imagine any other tom cat braving a house with 10 dogs. She is currently fit to burst.

Dorothy is due Sunday onwards, Sunday is 63 days from her 1st mating, but she mated over a period of about 4 days so they could be towards the end of the week. She is not terribly big so I would guess she will have 2 or 3 pups. The web cam will be up and running :-)Apologies for her grubby appearance, but it has rained here nonstop for the last week, she will have a nice bath once the pups have arrived.

No comments: