Sunday 28 October 2012

What's in a name?

Today all my babies got their nicknames and as is becoming somewhat of a theme here, all the names have a story behind them :-)


I'll start with Dorothy's pup as it's probably the most straightforward, Dorothy is the lead character in the film 'The Wizard of Oz' and she has a small black dog called Toto, so that is now her pups name.








As some of you will know, Sybil is named from the Fawlty Towers series as she came from Torquay, I have used all the main characters from this show so needed a new theme that I could ideally tie in with Sybil. I decided that Torquay would be the link, Agatha Christie was from Torquay and her two most famous subjects are Miss Marple and Poirot, as Sybil has a one male and one female kitten, these are the names they are now known by.


Now it gets really tenuous, I wasn't aware that Diva was pregnant until she started to show, therefore I referred to her pregnancy as the immaculate conception, this led me to biblical connections, Jesus etc, but this just didn't seem quite right, then it struck me, Monty Pythons Life of Brian! So allow me to introduce, Brian, Reg, Harry the Haggler, Biggus Dickus (poor lad) and Judith. I think I need to get out more :-)


1 comment:

mary e. said...

Love those names - you really crack me up Jane :-)
Are they all still "up for grabs" or spoken for?
Bet they'll be queuing round the block for Diva's Biggus Dickus kitten :-))