Sunday 3 March 2013

Never count your chickens... :-(

On Saturday, my suspicions were confirmed, Dollar has not maintained a pregnancy. I was sure she was in pup, and up to about the 5 week period she looked as I would expect. But then she stopped filling out and her nipples, if anything, started to look smaller. There are two possibilities, the first simply being that I was wrong and she was never pregnant, the 2nd is that for some unknown reason, she has re absorbed. I will never know for sure.

I am obviously really disappointed, as not only was I looking forward to seeing her babies, I was also planning on keeping a girl. I have also had to inform several people that they won't be able to have the pup they were waiting for, which is a horrible thing to have to do. But looking on the bright side, Dollar is very fit and well. I have already been in contact with the stud dog owner and we will try again in a few months.

Audrey is now getting very big, poor girl has a rock hard barrel shaped tummy which doesn't stop moving. That said, she has coped with pregnancy much better this time, no doubt helped by the fact she has been eating very well this time around. She had 10 pups last time, this time she is much bigger so I won't be surprised if she has a dozen this time (in fact, although I would much prefer her to have a smaller litter, I hope my guess is correct, as Graham and I always have a bet, and this time the stakes are high and I really don't want to loose!!)

Miss Marple has got a home waiting for her, her new Mum has an art studio, I have warned her that her art may take on a completely new style with Miss Marple helping!

I have started the countdown to collecting Cash now. He is due at Heathrow late afternoon on 21st March, can't wait to meet him :-)









1 comment:

Pam said...

Poor Dollar! Glad she is okay. What a hard experience. Sophie sends her love to both of you.