Tuesday 22 October 2013

Introducing Morse

24 Stunden nach seiner Geburt wiegt er schon 500gr.We have a new boy joining us in the new year, a black boy from Germany. Those of you that know me, know that although I love the black, and indeed my first standards (back in the 80's, how old does that make me feel!) were beautiful blacks, but it is not a colour that I want to breed. But this boy is not just black, his mother is apricot, which suits me, but it is his father that decided me, as he is a phantom, with some reds behind him. This means that the pup will carry the phantom gene, so when put to either Spirit or Audrey, or indeed most of Rhonda's descendants, he will produce a percentage of phantoms in the litters :-). But he is also a nice prospect for those looking to breed blacks, because as long as the girl doesn't carry the phantom gene, all the pups will be solid and will have a much lower Wycliffe % than the average black. He is to be registered as Crack the Code, due to his hidden colour, pet name is likely to be Morse (code) Photo courtesy of his breeder, Sabine of Big Cheyenne Poodles
























No comments: