Friday 21 July 2017

Breeding plans

The last few months have not been the easiest, firstly Dollar bloated, then I lost Manuel this was followed by Tibbs split litter, of which only Polly survived and now Bob remains poorly and at the vets whilst I have had to bottle feed her very young kittens.  This has put a lot of strain on me, not only physically but emotionally and when the dogs came into season it meant I had to take a step back and think of my plans.

Dime was due to be mated this week, and I got as far as travelling to see the stud dog, but having thought long and hard about it I made the decision not to mate Dime on this occasion. The dog I planned to use is absolutely fabulous and I fully intend to go back to him on Dimes next season as I desperately want a pup from this pairing, but I just feel that the timing is not right for me at the moment. So I can only offer apologies to those who are waiting for a Dime puppy and hope you will consider waiting another 6 months, I really do think this is going to be a litter worth the wait.

On a brighter note, Polly is just the most adorable kitten, super friendly and just perfect in every way (I may be just a touch biased there).







Bobs kittens are doing very well, all things considered. Tibbs and I are sharing the load with them, I feed them (she doesn't have much milk) and she cleans them, keeps them warm and loves them as only a cat can. As I type this Bob remains on a drip at the vets, but reports are that she is starting to turn a corner and we hope that she will be well enough to come home by the weekend.



This little clip is of the kittens waiting to be fed, they are quite demanding, lol.

No comments: