Thursday 4 August 2011

Before and after

Diva is having kittens :-). Despite the fact that she is was not meant to have kittens this young she is so far having a trouble free kittening. So far we have 5 but I am fairly sure she hasn't finished yet! She has remained calm and relaxed throughout and the first 4 kittens have already fed well (the 5th has only been born a few minutes). As I write number 6 has just appeared! Yes Rosie I know they look like maggots, lol.

The devon kittens are now making very good progress after their poorly tums. 3 of Miss T's kittens had their 1st vaccination yesterday, the 4th had been hit harder by the tummy bug so we are just giving him a couple more days to gain a bit more weight before he has his on Sat (his new owner is already aware of this). Unlike puppies you just can't contain kittens, so we have kittens everywhere at the moment.

Despite my best efforts Graham does not want any more cats at the moment (he is probably right) so reluctantly I am now looking for a home for Sybils chocolate torti girl.



Rhonda is feeling a little sorry for herself at the moment, she was spayed on Tuesday. All went well and she is now quite put out that she is missing out on her walks. 

I have to admit that I am looking forward to Colin going to his new home next week, him and Spirit are best buddies and play loudly. He is a very confident young man and I hope his new owners will have great fun with him, I really want to be able to get Spitit tuned into me and although we are doing well with her training it will be easier without another pup distracting us, this is why I don't generally sell two pups together. Both he and Spirit will be having their first vaccinations next week. By leaving it until they are 12 weeks old it should mean they will only need one shot, Spirit will be titre tested to check this.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hope Rhonda is feeling better. I guess your house gives new meaning to the phrase "having kittens"!

Sophie and I enjoyed our walk last Saturday!

Jane Rowden said...

HI Pam

Rhonda is doing very well thank you, just very upset at being left behind when the others go for a walk.

It was lovely seeing you and Sophie last week, she is a beautiful girl.