Friday 27 January 2012

The final countdown

After spending the last couple of weeks wondering if I was ever going to get a genuine enquiry for Dennis, he left this morning to start his new life in Surrey. Oddly on the day that he was reserved I had 5 further genuine sounding enquiries and a further 2 during this week and another 1 today!!
#
Jasper will be staying with us until his family come back from their holiday in a couple of weeks.

Miss T's kittens are now 9 weeks old and are having their 1st vaccinations tomorrow. Due to the pups, they have not had quite as much attention as I would have liked to give them, but they we will be making up for that over the next few weeks until they go to their new homes. They are lovely well grown kittens and all the boys have wonderful homes waiting for them. We are keeping the lilac and white girl as Miss G had to be spayed last month due to cystic ovaries. My daughter, in her wisdom, has declared that she will be called Belinda!

It is going to be a much quieter year for Itzapromise this year. I am not going to be having any std litters this year (hope to breed from Spirit next year and maybe Dollar will have her last litter) and I only plan to have one litter of toys, this will be from Dorothy my parti girl, she will hopefully be put to a parti factored boy which, all being well, should give us some parti pups.

Betty has done me proud, although her litters normally consisted of just one pup at a time, she has produced some fantastic toy pups. She has now had 4 litters and is booked in to be spayed next week. I have to say I will be sad to loose her as a breeding girl, as she is a superb mum and her pups were all real characters but more than that, as her pups were so small I haven't been able to keep one to breed from, so this marks the end of her line :-(. She is only 7 years old so I look forward to enjoying her company as one of my pets for many years to come.


Unfortunately my Dad is terminally ill, so updates over the next few weeks may be sporadic, but I will make sure to let you know of any matings/births (cats and Dorothy) that occur. I will also try to update the pups/kittens progress pages on my website with any photos that I receive, so please keep in touch :-)

1 comment:

Pam said...

Really pleased at last lovely Dennis has a home!

I am very sorry to hear about your father. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.