Tuesday 6 March 2012

Belinda needs a home

I was planning on keeping Belinda, she is a lovely kitten, beautiful markings and a friendly nature. But having thought long and hard I have decided that now just isn't the right time to keep a kitten, also I am hoping that Sybil is pregnant to Manuel and if that is the case I know I will want one of them as Sybil is going to have to retire at some stage (which will be so sad as she is the most natural mother, even producing milk to feed my other girls kittens when she has none of her own). She is currently registered on the active register, I would prefer her to go as someones special pet but would consider leaving her registration open, subject to further discussion.
We are very quiet here at the moment, which I have to say is much needed. It takes an awful lot of time and energy to properly rear babies and takes a huge emotional toll ensuring you find the right homes, so I am currently enjoying all my girls and getting back to normal routines. Audrey has resumed her agility training, which we both love, and I hope to start with Spirit in the Summer.
Most of the girls will be due in season in the next 2 months, I am hoping to mate Dorothy which should be exciting as it will be her 1st litter. This will be my only litter of puppies this year. Poor Alfie is going to be a bit frustrated by all these girls so I am considering getting him implanted (a chemical castration that lasts about 1 year, then completely reverses) to keep him a bit happier.

No comments: